The Mound City Obedience Training Club (MCOTC) is St. Louis’ Competition Dog Training Club that serves the surrounding metropolitan area. We hold our meetings, classes, practices, and our event activities at Dog Sports at Kim’s, located just 10 minutes from the St. Louis Gateway Arch in Caseyville, IL.
As a Competition Obedience Training club, we strive to achieve the following objectives:
- Meeting Dates:
1st Thursday each Month
December 2018 – No Meeting
February 7 (This Meeting will start at 6pm due to AED Machine Training at 6:30)
July 4 – NO Meeting
December 5 – NO Meeting
- Meeting Time:
- Meeting Location:
Dog Sports at Kim’s
1951 Townsley Ln
Caseyville, IL 62232
As an active member, the Mound City Obedience Training Club offers the following:
- Weekly Obedience/Rally Practice – Thursday Nights from 5pm-9pm. Starting in Jan 2019, Mound City will have 1 Thursday practice on the agility course) instead of in the front room (obedience/rally practice).
- AKC Obedience Trials – Our competition Obedience Trial is held in October. You can get your dog started in earning their various AKC Obedience Titles and Awards at our trials. See the AKC’s Getting Started in Obedience page for more information.
- Show and Go’s – Practice with your dog in a mock Obedience Trial setting to prepare for the actual Obedience Trial Competition Events.
- Educational Seminars – Special Guest speakers attend the MCOTC meetings to present specialized information of interest to the members.
- AKC Canine Good Citizen (CGC) Classes and Testing – The Canine Good Citizen Program is a two-part program that stresses responsible pet ownership for owners and basic good manners for dogs. All dogs who pass the 10-step CGC test may receive a certificate from the American Kennel Club.
- Obedience, Rally, Agility, and Scent work Classes – Class enrollments are available for MCOTC members every few weeks at Dog Sports at Kim’s in Caseyville, IL. Contact for more information on available class enrollment openings listed on the DSKDogs.com Master Class Schedule.
- Annual Awards Banquet – Each Spring, MCOTC hosts an annual banquet for all MCOTC members whereby Awards are presented to the owners for their outstanding accomplishments with their dogs in their prior year title achievements.
We hold our Club Activities at:
1951 Townsley Lane
Caseyville, IL 62232
MCOTC CLUB OFFICERS & CONTACTS
- President – Patty Schneiderjohn
- Vice President – Justin Sims
- Recording Secretary – Cathy Mitchell
- Corresponding Secretary –
- Treasurer – Pat Martin