MCOTC Membership Candidate Packet
Everything you will need to get started as a MCOTC member.
….Or Click the single files below for individual files needed…
- MCOTC Membership Packet Information Sheet – The Mound City Obedience Training Club Membership Packet Information Sheet. This outlines the Membership process check list.
- Membership Application – Please complete and return this form along with your Application fee of $9.00 to the BEFORE the meeting at which you plan to begin your candidate period.
- MCOTC Membership Record for Candidates – The MCOTC Membership Record Form for completion of Candidate requirements needed for full membership.
- Functions and Services – The Functions and Services definitions that our candidates are involved in.
- MCOTC ByLaws-2016 – Our Club Bylaws
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A MEMBER OF MCOTC?
Being a member of MCOTC is full of fun and a self-gratification of bonding with your dog. A Membership in our club will give you exposure to the world of dog obedience training at all levels from beginner to advanced.
We meet monthly on the first Thursday at 7:00 PM and our annual dues are an affordable $15.00 per year. Become involved and learn with other MCOTC members that are active with their dogs at all levels of obedience training.
Membership Process Check List:
- Submit a Membership Application with the $9.00 application fee, BEFORE our regular monthly meeting to the club president
- Be a Guest at a Meeting (No Dogs at the First Meeting)
- Complete the Candidate Requirements listed on the MCOTC Membership Record for Candidates
- Submit the MCOTC Membership Record for Candidates to the at the completion of the requirements.
The Candidate Period does not begin until the SECOND meeting that the prospective candidate attends, provided that the application and fee are in the hands of the membership chairperson prior to the start of the meeting.
The Candidate Period is a screening period, not to exceed 9 months from the date the application is read, and offers the members and candidates a chance to get to know one another. During this period the members make certain that the candidate advocates and practices good sportsmanship, which is one of the prime objectives of MCOTC.
At the conclusion of the Candidate Period, the application for membership will be carefully considered by the members of MCOTC, and such applications will be accepted or rejected based upon the following:
- Participation in Club Functions
- Knowledge of aims, projects and charities of the club
- Treatment of their dogs
- Social relations with MCOTC members
As a candidate, you have the privilege of attending all functions and activities of MCOTC in addition to those which count towards fulfilling membership requirements. We hope that you will take advantage of these activities and participate enthusiastically. If you do, we are sure that you will find your venture into the ‘dog world’ great fun and that your association with MCOTC a rewarding one and we hope one of long duration.
There are 4 classes of Membership at MCOTC:
Family Membership – $25.00 / Yr.
- Enjoys all club privileges including the right to vote and hold office. A family membership shall be limited to two adult (18 years of age and older) members in a family, each to have voting privileges. Junior members (under 18 years of age) of the same family, residing in the same household, shall enjoy all the rights and privileges of the Club except the right to vote and hold office and shall be exempt from payment of dues.
Regular (Individual) – $15.00 / Yr.
- . Enjoys all club privileges including the right to vote and hold office.
Associate – $10.00 / Yr.
- An Associate membership is for those individuals who wish to be affiliated with the Club, but who live outside of the club’s area or will not be actively attending or participating in club meetings or club functions. Associate members shall enjoy all the rights and privileges of the Club except the right to vote, hold office, or receive annual awards and will not count towards a quorum at club meetings.
Honorary – $0.00 / Yr.
- An Honorary membership is for those individuals who are not affiliated with the club but actively volunteer in club functions, trials, and other club related activities. Honorary membership enjoy all the rights and privileges of the Club except the right to vote or of holding office as outlined in Article III Sec. 7(B). Honorary membership also enjoys waiver of annual dues voted by club membership as outlined in Article III Sec. 7(A) and will not count towards a quorum at club meetings.
We invite you to visit with us during our sponsored events or contact our for more information on how to join MCOTC, St. Louis’ Premier Dog Training Club.
MCOTC CLUB OFFICERS & CONTACTS
- President – Oliver Coulson
- Vice President – Emily Perez
- Recording Secretary – Pat Schneiderjohn
- Corresponding Secretary –
- Treasurer – Joanne Bockhorn