As an active member, the Mound City Obedience Training Club offers the following:
- Weekly Obedience/Rally Practice – Thursday Nights from 5pm-9pm. Starting in Jan 2019, Mound City will have 1 Thursday practice in the back room (agility course) instead of in the front room (obedience/rally practice).
- AKC Obedience Trials – Our competition Obedience Trial is held in October. You can get your dog started in earning their various AKC Obedience Titles and Awards at our trials. See the AKC’s Getting Started in Obedience page for more information.
- Show and Go’s – Practice with your dog in a mock Obedience Trial setting to prepare for the actual Obedience Trial Competition Events.
- Educational Seminars – Special Guest speakers attend the MCOTC meetings to present specialized information of interest to the members.
- AKC Canine Good Citizen (CGC) Classes and Testing – The Canine Good Citizen Program is a two-part program that stresses responsible pet ownership for owners and basic good manners for dogs. All dogs who pass the 10-step CGC test may receive a certificate from the American Kennel Club.
- Obedience, Rally, Agility, and Scent work Classes – Class enrollments are available for MCOTC members every few weeks at Dog Sports at Kim’s in Caseyville, IL. Contact for more information on available class enrollment openings listed on the DSKDogs.com Master Class Schedule.
- Annual Awards Banquet – Each Spring, MCOTC hosts an annual banquet for all MCOTC members whereby Awards are presented to the owners for their outstanding accomplishments with their dogs in their prior year title achievements.
We hold our Club Activities at:
1951 Townsley Lane
Caseyville, IL 62232
MCOTC Membership Candidate Packet
Everything you will need to get started as a MCOTC member.
Click here to Download all files in the zipped MCOTC Membership Packet
….Or Click the single files below for individual files needed…
- MCOTC Membership Packet Information Sheet – The Mound City Obedience Training Club Membership Packet Information Sheet. This outlines the Membership process check list.
- Membership Application – Please complete and return this form along with your Application fee of $9.00 to the Club President BEFORE the meeting at which you plan to begin your candidate period.
- MCOTC Membership Record for Candidates – The MCOTC Membership Record Form for completion of Candidate requirements needed for full membership.
- Functions and Services – The Functions and Services definitions that our candidates are involved in.
- MCOTC ByLaws – Our Club Bylaws
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A MEMBER OF MCOTC?
Being a member of MCOTC is full of fun and a self-gratification of bonding with your dog. A Membership in our club will give you exposure to the world of dog obedience training at all levels from beginner to advanced.
We meet monthly on the first Thursday at 7:00 PM and our annual dues are an affordable $15.00 per year. Become involved and learn with other MCOTC members that are active with their dogs at all levels of obedience training.
Membership Process Check List:
- Submit a Membership Application with the $9.00 application fee, BEFORE our regular monthly meeting to the club president
- Be a Guest at a Meeting (No Dogs at the First Meeting)
- Complete the Candidate Requirements listed on the MCOTC Membership Record for Candidates
- Submit the MCOTC Membership Record for Candidates to the Club President at the completion of the requirements.
The Candidate Period does not begin until the SECOND meeting that the prospective candidate attends, provided that the application and fee are in the hands of the membership chairperson prior to the start of the meeting.
The Candidate Period is a screening period, not to exceed 9 months from the date the application is read, and offers the members and candidates a chance to get to know one another. During this period the members make certain that the candidate advocates and practices good sportsmanship, which is one of the prime objectives of MCOTC.
At the conclusion of the Candidate Period, the application for membership will be carefully considered by the members of MCOTC, and such applications will be accepted or rejected based upon the following:
- Participation in Club Functions
- Knowledge of aims, projects and charities of the club
- Treatment of their dogs
- Social relations with MCOTC members
As a candidate, you have the privilege of attending all functions and activities of MCOTC in addition to those which count towards fulfilling membership requirements. We hope that you will take advantage of these activities and participate enthusiastically. If you do, we are sure that you will find your venture into the ‘dog world’ great fun and that your association with MCOTC a rewarding one and we hope one of long duration.
There are 4 classes of Membership at MCOTC:
Family Membership – $25.00 / Yr.
- Enjoys all club privileges including the right to vote and hold office. A family membership shall be limited to two adult (18 years of age and older) members in a family, each to have voting privileges. Junior members (under 18 years of age) of the same family, residing in the same household, shall enjoy all the rights and privileges of the Club except the right to vote and hold office and shall be exempt from payment of dues.
Regular (Individual) – $15.00 / Yr.
- . Enjoys all club privileges including the right to vote and hold office.
Associate – $10.00 / Yr.
- An Associate membership is for those individuals who wish to be affiliated with the Club, but who live outside of the club’s area or will not be actively attending or participating in club meetings or club functions. Associate members shall enjoy all the rights and privileges of the Club except the right to vote, hold office, or receive annual awards and will not count towards a quorum at club meetings.
Honorary – $0.00 / Yr.
- An Honorary membership is for those individuals who are not affiliated with the club but actively volunteer in club functions, trials, and other club related activities. Honorary membership enjoy all the rights and privileges of the Club except the right to vote or of holding office as outlined in Article III Sec. 7(B). Honorary membership also enjoys waiver of annual dues voted by club membership as outlined in Article III Sec. 7(A) and will not count towards a quorum at club meetings.
We invite you to visit with us during our sponsored events or contact our Club President for more information on how to join MCOTC, St. Louis’ Premier Dog Training Club.
Already a Member? Need to Renew for 2019?
Download, Fill out this Form, and Print!!!
Make Checks Payable to MCOTC and Mail to:
Mound City Obedience Training Club (MCOTC)
c/o PJ Martin
PO Box 1748
Mt. Vernon, IL 62864
MCOTC CLUB OFFICERS & CONTACTS
- President – Patty Schneiderjohn
- Vice President – Justin Sims
- Recording Secretary – Cathy Mitchell
- Corresponding Secretary –
- Treasurer – Pat Martin